Thursday 9 January 2014

Missionary life in a nut shell


Today I thought I would do something a little different than normal. Today I thought I would give you a little more information about this giant that lives behind a keyboard, making blog post's each week. :)

 I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
( a missionary is a full time volunteer for the church which usually lasts about 18 months to 2 years ) As a missionary my main role is to teach what we believe as a church and then to invite them to find out for themselves if what we teach is true. 

Our typical day starts at 6:30am where we prepare for the day; breakfast shower and general preparations. Then come 8am we spend 1 hour personally studying our scriptures (both the Bible and the book of mormon)... For those who think this is a long time I will agree with you but I honestly wish we had more time. there are so many questions we get asked and so many things to learn that I always get to the end thinking that it flew by.

After which we spend an hour working with a companion we have been assigned to work with, either studying the scriptures or checking our plans for the day; enough to make sure that we are ready to
 "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" Mark 16:15

The rest of the day (10am-9pm) is taken up by as much teaching as possible, we will teach people in our chapels, their homes, on the streets as they walk their dog if we need to. We try to get this message out as far and wide as possible because of the strength of the believe that we have in what we teach I have my personal story about why I believe so strongly (click Here to find out more)

As a special privilege myself and a few others also have the chance to teach people who go to Mormon.org and click on the "chat with missionaries" button. we teach them online through the chat and eventually by email or facebook as well. When they feel they are ready, then we invite them to meet with local missionaries and we will teach alongside them. It really is incredibelt to be able to see the changes that happen in peoples live all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment