Thursday 26 December 2013

What should I do now!? (Balancing life)

Acts 2: 46-47

Have you even just stopped and just watched a clock as time passes? Or seen the sand in an hourglass fall? Its kinda scary sometimes just how quickly time passes, there is just so much that needs to be done sometimes but there is just never enough time to do everything. Is it possible for us to do everything that needs to be done?

For myself I know there are definitely times when I feel incapable of doing all that is expected of me, and I have no idea what to do about it. To quote the opening song from Disney Lion King, "there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done"

So what can we do about it? Perhaps its a matter of priorities? If we make sure that we are doing the most important things then surely that enough right? But how do we know which thing to focus on most? Do we focus more on family or the work to support the family? What about that game that I promised I would watch with my friends, what should I do about that? there is just so much to think about that at least for myself it's impossible to know what I need to be doing when.

This is why I think the scripture above is really telling, It starts by talking about what each of the Apostles did and ends with the phrase "the Lord added to the church daily"

At the end of the day, if we are aiming to follow the lord, then he will guide us to do the most important things, it may not look lie much to us, but it will be exactly what the lord needs and that is what really matters. So are we doing all we can to follow the will of the lord? Or are we panicking thinking that whatever we do now is not enough?



No comments:

Post a Comment