Thursday 3 October 2013

That can't be true.... can it? (Trust God)

Luke 4:27

How does anyone ever find their way out of a maze? The last time I went I was completely lost .

There are so many different way to try and get to the the end, so many different paths that I just end up going in circles until someone finds me about to go mad in some long forgotten corner somewhere. 

The choices we make in our lives are very similar. Everybody will get to a stage, and its not usually their fault, where they have no clue where to go and what are the right choices to make.

Now I know very little about mazed but I would highly doubt that I'm the only person that would be lost in that maze. I'm pretty sure that there will be a few just like me, all trying to find the way out with our own different ideas. But experience has taught me that just bumping around and hoping for the best doesn't normally get me anywhere.

Jesus also points out this principle in a church early on in luke.

Luke 4:27
"And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian." 

Leprosy is a nasty disease that causes the skin on you to rot and also can lead to loss of  hands and feet, a very dangerous thing to have in any time, especially then with a lot less medical knowledge. all the lepers mentioned must have tried everything they could to cure it, but it seems with no luck.

The only person to be cured was Naaman. He went to the Prophet and asked him to ask God how he could be clean, And he was told to bath in the river Jordan 7 time.
River Jordan
God knew what he needed, and as silly as it sounded to him (see 2 kings 5:10-12)
as he followed the lord command he was healed.

God Always knows best, this is something we should all know. The real problem is always remembering to ask him for his help, and when he does give us guidance to follow it to the letter. Otherwise we are stuck in that same maze and will be for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment