Friday 27 September 2013

It's all there really (Understanding Scriptures)

Luke 24:45 

What does it say inside this triangle?

Did you notice that there are 2 "THE's"

How easy is it to miss important details? How often can that change the situation? 

I am so very guilty of it, I can't tell you how many times I've gone into a shop with some voucher only to find that I missed the deadline (it said in the small print). 

I can also tell you that I do that so often when reading my scriptures as well.
I will read a passage, think about it.then read it again later and realize I got the wrong end of the stick there,
seems like its not just me either. In Luke 25 is the story about Christ's resurrection (coming back from the dead) and I would like to focus on the part where he is talking to travelers afterwards

Something read as Good to one person
 could be read as evil to another.

Verse 45 says
"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures"

Even in the time of Christ people didn't understand the scriptures, probably because each individual scripture can be interpreted so many ways. Thats partly why there are so many different christian churches. Each one of them thinks the scriptures mean something different.




The scriptures are the word God given to us today, but if we don't understand them, then they can't help us at all. Use a dictionary for words you don't understand or read the scriptures around the one you are stuck on. but most of all make sure that you always start reading your scriptures with a prayer. God is the one that always knows what the scriptures means.

No comments:

Post a Comment